Company for sanitary and environmental protection “Hemosan” Ltd. Bar was established on 08. 04. 1993., having its registered office in Bar, at the exact address of: Stara raskrsnica b.b. Today, “Hemosan” has 23 employees; engineers specialized in environmental protection and engineers of maritime qualifications. The company owns a commercial building of 900 m2, storage of 7000 m2 located within the company, ten available vehicles, all of the necessary equipment for working in environmental protection and processing of all types of waste, as well as two Eco Centres, one of which is located in the Port of Bar and the other one in Adriatic shipyard Bijela.
Executive director of the Company is Ljiljana Nikitović.
Primary activity of the Company is:
- Protection of the sea, ports, marinas from pollutants as well as acceptance of hazardous waste,
- Acceptance, transport, storage and export of all types of hazardous and non-hazardous waste,
- Receipt and processing of oily and waste water from the ships,
- Cleaning of the tanks from oil and petroleum products and disposal of the waste derived from the same.
“Hemosan” holds all Permits necessary for carrying out the above activities:
- Permit for collection and transport of waste
- Permit for bioremediation
- License for crude oil export
- Permit for collection, transport and processing of transformers and condensers
- Permit for EE (electrical and electronic product waste) waste
- Permit for medicinal and pharmaceutical waste
- Permit for collection and transport of chlorofluorocarbons
- Permit for collection of edible oil
- Permit for export of all types of non-hazardous waste
- Permit for acceptance and treatment of waste water
- Authorization issued by UPS for cleaning of the sea from pollution, acceptance and treatment of oily water and other waste from the ships
- Certificate of business excellence 2018
- Certificate 100 greatest in Montenegro
- Introduced ISO standards
- ISO 5001:2011
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 14001:2015
- OHSAS 18001:2007
With the intention of approaching to European Union Standards, the state of Montenegro has assumed all activities from legal frameworks, economic interests, as well as the hierarchy of waste management.
Waste management in Montenegro is governed by the Law on Waste Management and by other bylaws governing and stipulating measures of environmental protection against harmful impact of waste, including hazardous waste.